Pasta 400 g (boiled with salt)
- Boneless chicken breasts 6 pieces
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp
- Cajun seasoning 4 tbsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Garlic 1 tbsp, minced
- Cornflour 3 tbsp
- Milk 1 1/2 cup
- Heavy cream 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese (shredded) 1/3 cup
- Capsicum (green, red,yellow)1/2 cup (sliced)
- Onion (sliced) 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Fresh parsley , for garnishing
- Fresh green coriander for garnishing
- 1. Heat a grill over medium heat. Brush chicken with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and sprinkle with little cajun seasoning. Grill chicken until cooked, about 8-10 minutes. After the chicken is cooked transfer it to plates and cut it into strips.
- 2. In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic and flour and cook 1 minute, with constant stirring. Then pour in milk and stir constantly to prevent any lumps.
- 3. Add cajun seasoning, to taste (add salt as needed). Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to low, stir in parmesan and cream and cook until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4. Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add capsicum and red onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp cajun seasoning and mushrooms and saute 2 minutes more.
- 5. Add pasta in it then toss in pepper mixture and chicken. Serve warm sprinkled with parsley and additional cajun seasoning to taste. You can also add grated cheese as garnish.
- FOR CAJUN SEASONING:
whisk together 2 1/2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 & 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1 & 1/4 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper and 1/2 tsp cayenne (use 1 tsp or more if you like a lot of heat).